Blacksheep Job Availability
Head of Science
Location: Royston, UK.
Report to: CEO
- Providing support to the sales team, providing scientific insight to Blacksheep capabilities and expertise when discussing projects with potential customers.
- Identifying external business opportunities and partnerships for Blacksheep.
- Support the CEO to determine Blacksheep strategy.
- People management of the science department
- Run fee-for-service and internal product development projects
- Science department budget management
- Responsibility for delivery of fee-for-service scientific projects
- Determine feasibility of projects
- Assignment of resource
- Responsible for delivery of projects on time and within budget
- Meeting with external stake holders to update on project progress
- Identifying new products and services for Blacksheep to develop
- Producing briefs for new products and services
- Providing user perspective to product development
- Leading applications development for new product
- Identify, develop and deliver opportunities for Blacksheep to partner with academics and other businesses on grant subsidized projects
Required skills and capabilities:
- PhD in biological or chemical science
- At least 2 years experience in the biotechnology and life sciences tools industry, working to develop and deliver new tools and services
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience in project management and delivery
- Capable of setting up project management and delivery processes.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Opportunity to work in an international, friendly, creative, and active environment.
- Opportunity to approach one of the most advanced technologies in the world.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your covering letter addressing each of the job requirements and CV to:
Giang.email@example.com the attention of Ms Giang Nguyen, Operations Director
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we would encourage woman to apply for the engineering job.
We look forward to hearing from you!